Most Iowans have an antiquated view of manufacturing. They would not talk about the cutting edge products produced, the highly advanced equipment used, nor would they discuss the attractive pay and benefits packages tied to most of these positions. This outdated perception of advanced manufacturing leads to a lack of interest in advanced manufacturing careers and a
WHY YOU SHOULD CARE
This initiative directly helps your business by:
- Demonstrating to thousands of potential employees that manufacturing is now a highly advanced and professional sector providing substantial career opportunities.
- Providing you with a qualified pool of potential employees.
- Decreasing the amount of time you spend searching for employees.
Create a coalition driven by all 15 Iowa Community Colleges represented by the Iowa-Advanced Manufacturing (I-AM) Consortium, the Iowa Association of Business and Industry, the private manufacturing sector and the State of Iowa.
Develop a statewide marketing initiative to accomplish two goals:
- Build a positive perception of advanced manufacturing in Iowa through a statewide educational and marketing campaign.
- Encourage displaced workers, veterans and high school students to consider careers in advanced manufacturing.
Connect with non-credit and credit training programs at Iowa’s Community Colleges.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Express your support of Elevate by contributing.
- Call Paul Gregoire (Fisher Controls) at 641.485.1996 or Lori Schaefer (Agri-Industrial Plastics) at 641.472.4188.
Visit the Elevate website for more information.
This workforce solution is funded in part by the I-AM Consortium, which is 100% financed through a $12,951,162 grant from the Department of Labor’s Employment & Training Administration.