What is the Iowa Prosperity Project?
The Prosperity Project is built on the belief that when workers are informed and active in government and elections, our families, our communities and our state will benefit. The Prosperity Project provides employers non-partisan marterials that explain to employees and associates the importance of state and federal elections. Research shows employees welcome information from their employers about how public policy and elections affect their job security and their future. Employees responded more positively to political messages from their own employers than from any other source.
How does it work?
1) Educates employees about important issues
2) Informs them on where the candidates stand on those issues
3) Involves them in communicating with policymakers about those issues
4) Registers employees to vote or request an early ballot
5) Mobilizes employees to get out of the vote!
National Success Stats
- 107 million web page views
- More than 1.2 million voter registration and 880,000 early voting request downloads
- Delivered 1 million messages to elected officials
Iowa Success Stats
- Iowa had over 24,000 communications during 2010.
- In 2010, the Iowa Prosperity Project received a national award for outstanding use of social media in non-partisan voter communication. Click here to read the release.
For more information on the Iowa Prosperity Project or to get your own co-branded site, contact ABI by email at email@example.com or by phone at (515) 280-8000.