5 reasons to attend Business Horizons 2016
June 8, 2016
There are countless reasons for Iowa high school students to attend Business Horizons, a unique weeklong personal and professional development program of the Iowa Association of Business and Industry Foundation.
Here are five ways Business Horizons can have a positive impact on high school students.
- Take on new challenges as part of a team. Business Horizons presents students with a unique set of challenges not often experienced in their regular classes. They’ll work together as an industry team to achieve goals, while learning about economics, the free enterprise system and the skills needed to be successful in today’s workplace.
- Set themselves apart from the crowd with real-world experience. Participation in Business Horizons helps students with initiative stand out among their peers as young people who are focused and invested in their future.
- Gain a fresh perspective on Iowa and a glimpse of college life. For many participants, Business Horizons is a unique opportunity to interact and build relationships with students from around the state and stay overnight on a college campus, often for the first time.
- Learn about career opportunities and interact with professionals from around the state. The Business Horizons experience exposes students to Iowa businesses and professionals in a variety of fields. They leave with an understanding of the opportunities available in the state to accomplish both their business and their career goals.
- Return to school even more focused and motivated to succeed. Participants walk away with enhanced confidence in their ability as leaders. Many students and their parents also say Business Horizons creates a greater interest in learning and motivation to work hard when they return to class in the fall.
The ABI Foundation currently is accepting applications for this year’s Business Horizons program, which will take place July 17-21 at Central College in Pella.
For more information and to apply, visit www.businesshorizonsiowa.org.