Elevate Iowa to Honor 2021 Legends in Manufacturing Leaders
DES MOINES, Iowa – The Iowa Association of Business and Industry (ABI) and Elevate Advanced Manufacturing will recognize five manufacturing leaders this month at its sixth annual Legends in Manufacturing dinner. This is the state’s largest event dedicated to advanced manufacturing.
The five Legends in Manufacturing leaders were chosen out of hundreds of nominations for their contributions to Iowa’s largest industry, their leadership in their companies and their engagement in activities supporting manufacturing.
“This year’s Legends in Manufacturing play a significant role in promoting advanced manufacturing, which contributes $29 billion annually to Iowa’s economy” ABI President Mike Ralston said. “They are statewide educators and are at the forefront of collaborating with other community leaders to build Iowa’s workforce. They are constantly strategizing on how to strengthen the manufacturing industry.”
The following individuals, companies and organizations are the 2021 Legends in Manufacturing and will be recognized at the dinner on September 28, 2021:
- Under 100 Employees: Larry Raymon, Owner & CEO – Raymon Donco Air Distribution Equipment (Albion, Iowa)
- 100-300 Employees: Tim Bianco, President & CEO – Iowa Spring (West Des Moines, Iowa)
- 300+ Employees: Kellan Longenecker, Plant Manager – General Mills, Inc. Avon Plant (Carlisle, Iowa)
- Manufacturing Champion: Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds
- Posthumous Awardee: Larry Countryman, Former CFO & Treasurer – Wilson Trailer Company (Sioux City, Iowa)
ABOUT ELEVATE ADVANCED MANUFACTURING:Elevate Advanced Manufacturing is a statewide, integrated marketing initiative of the ABI Foundation to promote careers and educational pathways in advanced manufacturing. Learn more at www.elevateiowa.com.
MEDIA COVERAGE:Members of the media interested in covering the 2021 Legends in Manufacturing dinner or interviewing awardees should reach out to Michele Farrell at (515) 419-8357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.