Senate confirms several notable appointments
April 16, 2015
The Iowa Senate recently confirmed a number of the Governor’s individual appointments to various state positions. They include:
- Joe Cortese as Workers’ Compensation Commissioner with a 42-8 vote.
- Former state rep. Geri Huser as chairwoman of the Iowa Utilities Board with a 43-4 vote.
- Courtney Kay-Decker as director of the Iowa Department of Revenue with a 47-0 vote.
- Mary Cownie as director of the Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs with a 47-0 vote.
- Mary Andringa as a member of the Board of Regents with a 47-0 vote. Andringa is also an ABI past chair and chair of the board of member company Vermeer.
- Patricia Cownie as a member of the Board of Regents with a 46-1 vote.
- Director Debi Durham, Iowa Economic Development Authority was confirmed by a 46-0 vote.
- Chuck Palmer as director of the Iowa Department of Human Services with a 39-11 vote.
Muscatine Journal: Senate approves new regents, state department heads
Des Moines Register:Huser confirmed 43-4 as Iowa Utilites Board chairwoman